Children’s Wear seminar
Date: 06 November 2013 1:00pm - 4:30pm
Location: De Montfort University, Leicester
Times: Registration/lunch from 12.00, seminar starts at 13.00
This seminar is essential for anyone involved in the children’s wear industry. It will include an update on the latest legislation, plus testing, design and retail ideas, issues and trends.
The seminar will be chaired by Carolyn Hardaker, Associate Head of School – Fashion and Textiles, De Montfort University. Speakers include:
- Sue Bolton convenes the CEN working group dealing with the safety of children’s wear. Sue will give an overview of the General Product Safety Directive relating to clothing, and how this legislation relates to standards
- Claire Lerpiniere from De Montfort University will present a children’s wear project with George
- Simon Allitt from ULVS (UK) Ltd will cover QA touch points in the supply chain of children’s wear; the concept from design to shop floor – auditing factories for social and technical capabilities, testing the products at the right time and for the right tests and finally inspection of the goods and monitoring their performance in the marketplace with due diligence testing
- Katy Percival (Head of Design Nutmeg Clothing) from Wm Morrisons will be discussing the launch of their new children’s wear brand, Nutmeg. She will be covering: Why now? How we created a brand from concept to store and what makes Nutmeg different?
- Graham Collier (Technical Compliance Manager) from Monsoon will talk about some of the common challenges they regularly face with children’s wear and how they resolve them.
SDC members £25.00/non members £35.00 (+ VAT)
SDC student members £10.00/student non members £15.00 (+ VAT)
Please note that any cancellations after the 23rd Oct will not be re-funded. However, it is possible to change the delegates’ names attending.
Sorry, but this form is no longer accepting submissions.
Associate Head of School (Fashion and Textiles, De Montfort University)
De Montfort University will present a children’s wear project with George
Sue convenes the CEN working group dealing with the safety of children’s wear. Her presentation is entitled: ‘Is my children’s wear safe and legal?’
UL Verification Services – ‘QA demands in the supply chain of childrenswear’
Head of Design Nutmeg Clothing, Wm Morrison Supermarkets will be presenting ‘Nutmeg – the launch of a new children’s wear brand’
Technical Compliance Manager, Monsoon will talk about some of the common challenges they regularly face with children’s wear and how they resolve them.