Colouring the Future
Date: 26 November 2018 2:00pm - 6:00pm
Location: Art Workers' Guild, 6 Queen Square, Bloomsbury, London WC1N 3AT
Times: Registration 14.00 / Seminar 14.30 / Drinks reception 18.00
Free to attend. This event is now fully booked. If you are interested in attending then please email email@example.com to enquire about the availability of places.
Whether it’s fashion, lifestyle or interiors, colour forecasting is big business. But how are these colour trends created? And how are the choices then communicated throughout the supply chain? What are the challenges and how can these be overcome? What is the potential environmental impact?
Ultimately, what is the process of managing colour from the latest trend forecast to the retailer and eventually the consumer?
This event will look at:
- The process of creating and managing colour trends
- The challenges around colour communication
- The importance of a good colour education to enable effective colour management
- The benefits of using engineered colour standards
- The designer’s perspective and how they manage colour
It will include a range of industry speakers giving practical solutions and real-life case studies.
The event will be chaired by SDC’s President, Professor Stephen Westland. Speakers include:
- Jacqueline Kennedy, Assistant Colourist at M&S – ‘Colour trends: from concept to consumer’
- Andrew Filarowski, SDC’s Technical Director – ‘Learning to Manage Colour’
- Archroma – ‘The benefits of using engineered colour standards’
- Russell Thorpe, VeriVide Ltd – ‘Introducing vision based remote colour assessment’
- Duncan Ross, Commercial Director, AVA CAD CAM – The critical role of digital print and specialist design and colour software in sustainable textile printing
- Daniel Matthews, Junior Print Designer, Joules – ‘The use of colour in design, through to end product’
- Afsana Ferdousi, Fashion Designer – ‘Afsana’s Journey in Colouring the Future’
- Plus a panel discussion.
The event includes the grand final of the SDC International Design Competition 2018, with finalists from 14 countries, the announcement of the winner and presentation of prizes. The 2018 competition is sponsored by Archroma, and links to The Color Atlas by Archroma are key to the competition theme and accompanying educational package.
If you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The event is organised by SDC in partnership with the SDC London Region.