Date: 17 June 2014 7:00pm - 9:30pm
Location: The Houses of Parliament, London
Material World is essential for everyone involved in the UK textile industry.
WE HAVE A LIMITED NUMBER OF BURSARIES AVAILABLE TO ENABLE STUDENTS TO ATTEND – PLEASE ASK FOR DETAILS!
The event will take place on 17th June in the prestigious surroundings of the Churchill Dining Room at The Houses of Parliament and will bring together representatives from industry, academia and parliament to:
- present a showcase of UK manufacturers and talented young designers
- discuss the challenges and opportunities for the textile industry in the UK
- celebrate young people in the UK final of the SDC International Design Competition 2014
The event includes a networking drinks reception, keynote speakers and the UK final of the SDC International Design Competition 2014.
Keynote speakers include:
- The event will be chaired by the renowned industrialist Sir James Hill
- Noble and Natural British Cloths – The Cloth of Kings: Malcolm Campbell, Retail and Textile Co
- Nutmeg: The Launch of a New Children’s Wear Brand: Katy Percival, Head of Design and Paul Smith, Head of Technical, Wm Morrison Supermarkets
- Livery Companies Apprenticeship Scheme: Jo Mabbutt and David Johnson, The Livery Companies
All delegates will have the option to include their company profile, free of charge, in a booklet which will be distributed to delegates and MPs.
We have a special rate for students, recent graduates and tutors – please email email@example.com and ask for details!
The cost is:
- SDC members £49.00
- Non members £75.00
- We are pleased to offer our members’ rate to ASBCI members
Watch this space for further programme updates.
This event is now full
If you would like to be on a waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org