Introduction to Coloration Fibres to Coloured Fabrics
This course is aimed at anyone who works with textiles and is involved, either directly or indirectly, with its coloration.
Knowledge of fibres, dyes, techniques of application and machinery provides all employees with the basic information about the processing of textiles to ensuring customer satisfaction.
Designed to help people work, think and learn more effectively, this course focuses on the different fibres available and the techniques used to colour them. This course provides the basic knowledge to ensure that everyone in the supply chain knows about coloration and talk the same language.
Who is it for?
Suitable for specifiers, designers, buyers, garment technologists, fabric makers, dyers, garment makers and anyone who ensures colour is consistent from design to final garment, this course will provide students with the basic knowledge to discuss colour with authority.
Why should I consider this training course?
The benefits are many and include:
- higher sales to the consumer
- maximising profit
- quality and consistency of colour
- protection of brand reputation
- minimising costs of re-work
- reduced impact on the environment.
Aims and objectives: this module aims to:
- Provides an introduction to the coloration of textiles and fires the imagination of what is possible
- Enables the participant to understand how their decision can affect the dyeing
- Ensures that the participant can recognize a real industrial challenge as opposed to a lazy decision.
- An introduction to the different types of fibre available
- An introduction to the different classes of dye available
- How a dye and fibre interact and why
- An introduction to the machinery used in dyeing different fibres, yarn or fabric
- Concerns about chemical and dye useage and retailer restricted substance lists
Why study with SDC?
SDC is the leading independent charity dedicated to advancing the science and technology of colour worldwide. We do this by maintaining professional standards and improving the skills of coloration professionals, enabling them to delivery exceptional results for their organisations. This is delivered through membership, qualifications, training, publications and access to knowledge and expertise.
The SDC offers a range of industry-proven, internationally recognised qualifications and training courses. Taught by experts, and driven by what’s happening in industry. Each year SDC help thousands of people at every stage of learning and career development, with training, qualifications and resources. For further information please contact Karen Skorski, Colour Index and Training Officer: Karens@sdc.org.uk , telephone: +44 (0) 1274 761 783